Comfy Cotton Blend from Lion Brand is a dk or ‘3’ light worsted weight yarn that is 50% cotton and 50% polyester.
- It comes in 200g cakes of yarn with 358m per cake.
- It varies in price all over the internet, but i’ve found it averages at about $16 a cake.
- A 6mm crochet hook is recommended or 4.5mm knitting needles.
- Crochet gauge – 10″ x 10″ equals 16 rows by 13 stitches.
- There are a variety of solid and mixed colours depending on where you purchase.
- The label states that Comfy Cotton Blend is machine washable and dryable.
- Lion Brand Comfy Cotton Blend is very enjoyable to crochet with, although it can catch a bit sometimes. I find a larger crochet hook easier to use
- It’s perfect for spring/summer projects, being a light yarn and great for clothes too with the added polyester.
- I love the variety of colours and it is very reasonably priced, although it can be hard to find depending on the colour you’re after.
- The polyester added with the cotton gives it a lovely drape.
- I think Comfy Cotton Blend is really nice for hats, accessories and garments….I have made a sleeveless cardigan with it, which I love!! Paid pattern available here.
In Summary :
- Lion Brand Comfy Cotton Blend is one of my go to yarns, that I will continue to buy for a lot of different projects I make to sell in my Madeit Store and at the market I attend.
- I love the variegated colours and I think they suit a big variety of projects.
- I’d love to know if you have any opinions in the comments .