Dishie Cotton yarn is a sturdy worsted weight cotton yarn ideal for home and kitchen projects.
100g balls with approx 170m per ball.
Some colours are now available in a 400g cone as well.
The rrp is just under $7 a ball, or approx. $25 for the cone, but there are regular sales on knitpicks.com.
A 5.5 mm – 6.5 mm crochet hook is recommended or 4.5 mm – 5.5 mm knitting needles.
The label recommends a cold machine wash and low tumble dry.
- Dishie cotton yarn is very easy to pull from the centre of the ball.
- I wouldn’t say Dishie is a soft cotton, but definitely not rough either.
- If you crochet with cotton in general, you know that it’s a bit harder on the hands, and I have found that some of the variegated colours in the Dishie cotton are stiffer.
- The yarn doesn’t split at all.
In Summary :
- KnitPicks Dishie is one of my go to yarns that I really enjoy working with.
- I love the choice of colours, that you can do so much with.
- I think it is well priced and also goes on sale quite regularly.
- It makes lovely homewares.
- I love that you can tumble dry it..which is super convenient!!
I’d love to know what other things you all make with Dishie. Please comment below ⬇️