Ice Yarns, Elegant Metallic Cotton is an 88% cotton yarn mixed with a metallic thread, made in Turkey.
- It comes in 50g balls with 130m per ball.
- You can buy the Ice Yarns Metallic Cotton in my store or if you want to buy in bulk you may prefer to buy from Ice Yarns itself.
- 3mm-4mm needles are recommended.
- Gauge – 10″ x 10″ equals 30 rows by 22 stitches.
- Ice Yarns are selling 18 different colours of the Metallic Cotton, which to be perfectly honest are very difficult to choose from, because they are beautiful!! 😍 The website pictures do not do justice to how they look!!
- The label recommends to wash at 30°C but gives very little extra information.
- The weight of the Ice Yarn Metallic Cotton yarn is marked and advertised as a number 2 weight (sport or baby) on the label, but I would say it is close to an 8 ply/dk.
So far I have crocheted approximately 8 headscarves with a 6mm hook in the Ice Yarn Elegant Metallic Cotton.
- With every ball, I have found the end very easy to find in the middle of the ball.
- I have found it easy to crochet with. No splitting. Using the larger hook, it starts to feel like it will get caught on the hook, but never actually does.
- I have 8 out of the 18 colours available from Ice Yarns, and I love every one of them!! If you love a bit of sparkle, you will love these.
- It’s hard to tell from the website pictures, but some of the colours have a silver thread through them and some have a similar colour metallic thread through them.
I made a couple of small swatches of the Ice Yarns Metallic Cotton just like the headbands. I wanted to see just how well the yarn held up with the metallic thread, so I washed and dried one of them 5 times. I used a normal cold wash cycle each time and just air dried. It should be noted that I did wash it with a load of other clothes of similar colour, but definitely not of a delicate nature.
- The one main difference washing made, is, it did shrink a bit.
- It didn’t seem to look much different.
- The metallic thread looks just as good as before washing, so I was happy about that. 😊
- It didn’t take very long to air dry.
- It still felt the same after washing and drying.
If you find the original pattern a little confusing, please scroll down for my version. Thanks!! 😊
- I love the Ice Yarns Elegant Metallic Cotton Yarn!! The metallic thread that runs through the yarn makes it look beautiful. I find it hard to imagine that anyone could walk past something made with it, without admiring it 🥰.
- As well as ladies and girls accessories, I think it would make up beautifully into garments as well.
- I imagine the metallic thread may be a bit more delicate than the actual cotton, so I would definitely dry it naturally to protect it.
- I would love to know what else you have made using the Ice Yarns Metallic Cotton in the comments below ⬇️.
Ch2 at beginning of each row does not count as a stitch.
Skip the first 3 st, dc in next st. *ch1, skip one st, dc in the next stitch* to end of row.
Chain 3 and turn.
dc in the ch1 space, *ch1, dc in each ch1 space* to end.
Chain 3 and turn.
Repeat Row 2 until you have 6 rows or your desired width.
Finish off and weave in ends.