Ice Yarns, Lorena Colorful is an 8ply/dk cotton blend yarn made in Turkey.
- 55% Cotton and 45% Acrylic
- It comes in 50g balls with 160m per ball.
- Gauge is 24 stitches and 30 rows on 10 cm x 10 cm (4′ x 4′).
- You can buy Lorena Colorful from Ice Yarns in a pack of 8 for $18.66…which is super cheap, but if you are in Australia, shipping for 1 pack is approx. $20
- You can also buy in my store.
- A 3mm-4mm hook/needle is recommended.
- Ice Yarns have 13 colours to choose from, all variegated.
- The label recommends a warm machine wash.
- The weight of the yarn is marked as a 3, which is equivalent to an 8ply.
- Ice Yarns Lorena Colorful is a nice soft yarn that crochets up beautifully.
- The variegated colours work together for a nice stitch pattern.
- I used a 3.5mm, 4.5mm and 5.25mm hook and I feel like the end result was nice with each of them. (see pictures) I have to say I prefer a bigger hook, but that’s just personal preference.
- I think it would look lovely as apparel or accessories for the home.
- Unlike 100% cotton there is some nice stretch in it.
In Summary :
- I enjoyed crocheting with this yarn. With the addition of acrylic in the yarn it is easier to crochet with compared to 100% cotton.
- I think it would make lovely homewares and I can imagine a nice cardigan or beanie…. I think it would even make some cool socks (I’ve never made socks before…so it’s just me imagining 😊)
- I’d love to know what you’ve made with the Ice Yarns ‘Lorena Colorful’ Let me know in the comments .
Kids Treasure Bag/Pouch
(updated version for 8ply and with special row for threading cord)
Yarn: Any dk/8ply weight cotton or cotton blend
Hook: 4.5 – 5 mm
Ch1 at the start of each round from round 2
Slip stitch to join at the end of each round.
Work 8 hdc in a magic circle, pull circle tight, ss into first stitch, ch1(8)
2hdc in each stitch around, ss into first stitch, ch1 (16)
*2hdc, hdc repeat from * around, ss into first stitch, ch1 (24)
*2hdc, hdc in next 2,repeat from * around, ss into first stitch, ch1 (32)
*2hdc, hdc in next 3, repeat from * around, ss into first stitch, ch1 (40)
*2hdc, hdc in next 4, repeat from * around, ss into first stitch, ch (48)
Round 7 – 19
hdc in each stitch around, ss into first stitch, ch1 (48)
At round 17 : *1hdc, ch1, skip next stitch. Repeat from * (this is where cords will be threaded)
sc in first stitch, skip next stitch, *(5dc in next stitch, skip next stitch, sc in next stitch, skip next stitch) around. ss into top of first sc.
Finish off and sew in ends.
Chain 2 cords of 75ch each with a 3-3.5mm hook.
Weave each cord all the way along round 17. The first cord starting on one side all the way round and tie to the beginning of the cord. The second one starting on the opposite side all the way round, making sure the second cord goes over where the first cord went under and vice versa. Tie this one the same.