Bella Baby’s Tootgarook 4ply is a 100% cotton yarn made in China for Spotlight stores.
- Tootgarook 4ply comes in 50g balls with 150m per ball.
- The rrp is $4.50 a ball, but is regularly on sale.
- 3.25mm knitting needles are recommended.
- Gauge – 10″ x 10″ equals 36 rows by 28 stitches.
- Bella Baby Tootgarook comes in 14 solid colours and 6 multi colours.
- The label recommends a cool hand or machine wash and lay flat to dry.
- This is a 4 ply yarn which is equivalent to a number ‘1’ weight yarn or fingering or baby yarn.
I wanted to try a new pattern, so I crocheted 2 baby bibs with the Bella Baby Tootgarook 4ply with a 3mm hook and noted the following:
- It’s nice and easy to pull the yarn from the centre of the ball.
- This is the first time I have used this weight yarn, so I did find it a bit harder on my hands to be using a smaller hook and more delicate stitches, but even so the Bella Baby Tootgarook is a lovely soft cotton and is really nice to crochet with.
- The yarn didn’t split at all and I love the way the Bella Baby Tootgarook looks crocheted up..the finer weight gives a lovely finish for smaller items.
- It took approximately 12g yarn(or a quarter of a ball) for this small baby bib.
I have washed and machine dried quite a few samples of cotton yarn over time and the general result is the dryer will shrink cotton yarn unless the label specifically says its machine dryable.
I’m thinking generally it is only cotton blends that can be machine dried without shrinking. As i’ve said before, I don’t mind a bit of shrinkage with things like dishcloths, because I really like the way these items bounce back after being machine dried.
So with that being said, I won’t be tumble drying the Bella Baby Tootgarook unless using for washcloths .
In Summary :
- I really like the Bella Baby Tootgarook 4 ply, and I love the stitch definition and the fineness of the finished project.
- I would definitely buy again at full price.
- It’s perfect for baby clothes, socks or accessories. I guess the colours are a bit more subdued for baby but I think the multi colours may be more versatile.
🌟 Please comment below if there is anything specific you would like to see in my yarn reviews.