Bella Baby’s Tootgarook 4ply is a 100% cotton yarn made in China for Spotlight stores.
- Tootgarook 4ply comes in 50g balls with 150m per ball.
- The rrp is $4.50 a ball, but is regularly on sale.
- 3.25mm knitting needles are recommended.
- Gauge – 10″ x 10″ equals 36 rows by 28 stitches.
- Bella Baby Tootgarook comes in 14 solid colours and 6 multi colours.
- The label recommends a cool hand or machine wash and lay flat to dry.
- This is a 4 ply yarn which is equivalent to a number ‘1’ weight yarn or fingering or baby yarn.
I wanted to try a new pattern, so I crocheted 2 baby bibs with the Bella Baby Tootgarook 4ply with a 3mm hook and noted the following:
- It’s nice and easy to pull the yarn from the centre of the ball.
- This is the first time I have used this weight yarn, so I did find it a bit harder on my hands to be using a smaller hook and more delicate stitches, but even so the Bella Baby Tootgarook is a lovely soft cotton and is really nice to crochet with.
- The yarn didn’t split at all and I love the way the Bella Baby Tootgarook looks crocheted up..the finer weight gives a lovely finish for smaller items.
- It took approximately 12g yarn(or a quarter of a ball) for this small baby bib.
- I have washed and machine dried quite a few samples of cotton yarn over time and the general result is the dryer will shrink cotton yarn unless the label specifically says its machine dryable.
- I’m thinking generally it is only cotton blends that can be machine dried without shrinking. As i’ve said before, I don’t mind a bit of shrinkage with things like dishcloths, because I really like the way these items bounce back after being machine dried.
So with that being said, I won’t be tumble drying the Bella Baby Tootgarook unless using for washcloths .