Mona Lisa by Ice Yarns
Mona Lisa is a lovely 100% cotton yarn which was in a variety of beautiful colours, but it seems like they have not many variations left. So sad…i’m nearly out. If you know anywhere that sells this at a reasonable cost please comment below ⬇️ I would love to purchase some more.
- It is labelled as a ‘3’ weight but in my opinion it’s a bit heavier.
- It is sold in 100g balls with 160m per ball. I have previously purchased 50g balls, but these don’t seem to be available now.
- A 4mm hook is recommended, but I think a 5mm or 6mm is ok too.
- Ice Yarns Australia is amazingly cheap sitewide but the shipping is quite costly. I have purchased from them a few times and they have been reliable and with a very helpful Australian representative. Sometimes it does take a while though.
- Overall this is my favourite cotton yarn for many crocheted home items.
Pure Cotton by Ice Yarns
Pure Cotton is a very soft 100% cotton yarn.
- It is a worsted weight yarn.
- Sold in 50g balls with 80m per ball.
- There are 12 colours available at the moment.
- A 4mm – 5mm hook is recommended.
- Although this yarn is nice to crochet with, it stretches out alot!! when it’s wet, but it does bounce back nicely if tumble dried (this may cause a little shrinkage).
- If you have ever used it please comment below. I would be curious to know what you think.
Patterns made with this yarn: