Cotton crochet hats are the perfect accessory for spring and summer. They are ideal to keep your head cool and protected from the sun.
Choose the style you desire and your favourite colors and you’ll have the perfect hat suited just for you.
One of the best things about cotton crochet hats is their breathability. Cotton allows air to circulate through the hat, keeping your head cool and comfortable.
This makes them ideal for outdoor activities such as hiking, gardening, or just chilling at the beach.
You can make your hat simple or customize with embellishments such as flowers, ribbons, or pom-poms.
Overall, cotton crochet hats are a must-have accessory for any spring or summer wardrobe.
Please enjoy the 10 free crochet hat patterns below…perfectly suited to any dk weight/8ply cotton or blended yarns.
Designer: Komal Raj
Stitches used: Basic stitches + sc2tog
Size: Adult size pattern.
The hat is approximately 21cm/8″ in height and 64cm/25″ in circumference.
- Six granny squares are worked separately.
- Then join all the squares so that it makes a ring.
- Next the crown on top of the granny squares.
- And finally the hat brim.
Designer: Merri Purdy
Stitches used: Basic stitches + hdc inc , feather st , sc3l
22″ head circumference
- This pattern has an optional sun hat brim.
- Nice explanations for this great looking beanie.
Designer: Kinga Erdem
Stitches used: basic stitches + hdc-v ,
Size: Adult woman
S/M – 54-56 cm head circumference
- This is a lovely sun hat with an optional braid for the brim. Change the colours to match your outfit!!
- Use fabric stiffener for a firmer brim.
Designer: Alla Koval
Stitches used: basic stitches + popcorn , dc2tog , dc3tog , reverse sc
- Inspired by the cheerful daisy, this mandala beanie is crocheted in rounds.
- Add some extra style by adding a contrasting border.
Designer: Drops Design
Stitches used: Basic stitches + crochet diagram reading skills
- This is such a pretty stitch pattern!
- This pattern is a combination of written instructions and a diagram. If you don’t generally use diagram patterns, challenge yourself now…this one looks worth it 😊
- There is extra help on the pattern page.